Friday, November 15, 2013

Substandard Radio

I was listening to NPR late yesterday afternoon.  I know, that doesn't sound like me, but there aren't many choices of radio station near Danbury, Wisconsin, after sunset.  And, besides, WOJB has some of the best music in the country - in between those bizarre news screeds.

As I listened to their half-hour news summary I was struck by how the mellow-voiced reader seemed unable to say "cancelled insurance plan" without inserting the word "substandard" into the phrase!

When NPR gets their talking points and marching orders, they really get with the program.

I wonder if anyone in the Obama Administration or at NPR realizes that when they call insurance "substandard," they are insulting the purchaser and not the policy!

No comments:

Post a Comment