Friday, April 5, 2013

Wait! Don't Hangup on This Call.

206-397-1823 Health Care

That's the number left on Caller ID when this computerized robot-caller contacted me.

I suppose some ex-Microsoft programmer in Seattle got the idea of calling people at random after careful data analysis to solicit them for Health Insurance.  Then he could get really rich since his MS stock options were all underwater. Maybe he didn't qualify for the buyback program.

Well, the reason he didn't qualify was because he's incompetent as a businessman.  After telling me to press 1 to talk to a representative, I went into a holding queue for over three minutes since "all agents are busy helping other clients."  And so I was treated to three minutes of pleasant guitar music until an agent picked up the line.  Well, at least the phone company was making money!

I began my conversation with, "Wait!  Don't hangup on this call.  You are a ...." but, I'll be darned if the agent didn't hang up anyway.

Whom, do you suppose, buys health insurance from an unsolicited robo-call that dumps you into a three-minute wait?

Never hang up on these kind of calls.  Wait 'em out and make them pay for the call.  Then waste as much time as you can to maximize the loss on their call to you.  Hanging up just plays into their business model.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment